or

"Hey, I can do that!"


Thursday, July 30, 2009

Signed up for Wilton Course 3

I signed up for Wilton's "Course 3: Fondant and Tiered Cakes" at my local Hobby Lobby. I've been researching all I could about this course. I'm not sure if the teacher will let me take this if I haven't taken "Course 1: Discover Cake Decorating". Some places insist that Course 1 is the prerequisite for the other courses, but other people have said as long as you can keep up, it's cool.

I'm not sure what the supply list is ... I don't know if I'm supposed to contact the teacher or if she is supposed to call me. I tried calling her once but got no answer. The supply lists I found online seem to be one issued by Wilton, so I figure what's on that list will be expected. I'm going to buy the Course 3 Student Kit and the Master Tip Set from Wilton.


Consider it an investment for future birthday cakes for my little girl (she's 2.5 months old now). I got a 50% off coupon from signing up at Michaels.com that I'll probably use on the tip set. Michaels usually gives me a 40% coupon along with my receipt whenever I shop there. There's a lot of money that's going into this hobby ... I better be good at it!

I really hope I can take this course. I've got a great idea for a birthday cake for my husband ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

As Seen On

As Seen On Capital Confectioners