or

"Hey, I can do that!"


Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Birthday Aspirations

I've got a few ideas for cakes to celebrate some upcoming birthdays. This weekend my family is celebrating my mom and dad's birthday (hers was July 23rd and his is August 9th). I'm going to try to make a "gift box" cake with a fondant bow and decorations. Here is an example:

http://www.make-fabulous-cakes.com/birthday-cake-decorating-modern-cake.html

EXAMPLE ONLY ... I COULD ONLY MAKE THIS IN MY DREAMS!

The color scheme is fab, but instead of green, I'm going to try a dark blue.

My brother-in-law's birthday is next week. For that I'd like to try to re-create a veil painting. Don't know what that is? Well I can tell you that it's impossible to find a tutorial on the internet! I had to go by memory of how he described the process that he did in art class. It's a type of watercolor style that he was quite taken with.

http://sophizzlie.deviantart.com/art/Veil-Painting-129653686

EXAMPLE ONLY ... I COULD ONLY MAKE THIS IN MY DREAMS!

So the plan is to buy some food coloring, mix it with alcohol, and paint on to white fondant. I've read that painting on fondant comes out looking like watercolor. I sure hope they're right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

As Seen On

As Seen On Capital Confectioners