or

"Hey, I can do that!"


Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Shopping!

Have you seen how pricey the cake decorating stuff is at Michaels or Hobby Lobby?!? This is getting to be an expensive hobby. An expensive delicious hobby. But I hope to strike gold at Ace Mart Restaurant Supply (http://www.acemart.com/) in North Austin. If their storefront is anything like their website, they have everything I need for much cheaper. Bed, Bath, & Beyond had only 1 kind of icing spatula ($9.99) but Ace has an actual selection and for less $$$. I'm hoping to get:
  • cake pans
  • food coloring
  • parchment triangles
  • spatulas
  • cake turners (I had to look these up...they are for lifting cakes)
  • decorating comb
  • fondant
And if they don't have what I want, there's another place close by called All in One Bake Shop (http://www.allinonebakeshop.com/). I'm planning on hitting this place up early Saturday morning so I can get everything I need for making a cake for my parents and for my first class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As Seen On

As Seen On Capital Confectioners