or

"Hey, I can do that!"


Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Extruding Fondant: attempted

First attempt at extruding fondant.



Last weekend I bought a clay extruder from Hobby Lobby (thankfully with a 40% off coupon).  It seemed like a nice set that could last me years and years.



I tried the disc that looks like 3 circles smashed together.  Somewhere I read if you extrude with that and twist it, it looks like rope.

With left over MMF, I kneaded in some shortening and a drop of glycerin.  The extruded piece unfortunately looked rough.  It did look nice and like rope when gently twisted.



I'm not sure if the roughness is from the fondant or the extruder.  Next time I will try using gum paste.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

As Seen On

As Seen On Capital Confectioners